IIPM Admission

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Rakhi Sawant approaches NCW with complaint against Mika

IIPM PUBLICATION
Bollywood performer Rakhi Sawant has approached the National Commission for Women (NCW) with a complaint of sexual assault against bhangra singer Mika.

Sawant, in her complaint that she e-mailed to the Commission yesterday, said Mika "brutally assaulted me and forcibly smooched me," NCW sources told PTI here today.

She said she was lodging the complaint as the Punjabi singer "publicly in front of the media insulted me and sexually assaulted me."

The sources said the Commission will take note of the complaint as soon as NCW Chairperson Girija Vyas who is currently touring Rajasthan returns to Delhi and possibly conduct a personal hearing in the case.

Recounting the alleged incident, Sawant said she visited Mika's birthday party on his invitation and greeted him like a good friend. "But to my surprise, he took advantage of our relationship and forcibly kissed me on my lips twice," she said.

She said she had asked Mika to apologise to her in front of the media but he has refused to do so.
"I need justice... I need to set an example that women cannot be taken for granted," Sawant said.

Source : IIPM Editorial, 2006

For More IIPM Info, Visit below....
IIPM Rank India ! IIPM Education ! Best B-School ! Management B-School ! IIPM India ! IIPM.com ! Join IIPM ! IIPM Faculty !

No comments: